DETROIT – With a unanimous vote on Friday, June 16, 2017, the Wayne County Democratic Caucus was the latest grassroots organization to support Mike Duggan for reelection as Mayor of the City of Detroit.
“The Wayne County Democratic Black Caucus unanimously endorsed Mike Duggan for reelection because he’s working every day to build one city for all of us,” said Bea Ward, chairperson of the Wayne County Democratic Black Caucus. “We’re excited by Mayor Duggan’s 8 principles for Detroit redevelopment, like making jobs and opportunities available first to Detroiters, pushing jobs into all neighborhoods, and not supporting development that displaces current Detroit residents. Mayor Duggan has earned our support for a second term.”
Mayor Duggan’s 8 principles for Detroit’s redevelopment can be found below:
1) Everyone is welcome in our city.
2) We won’t support a development if Detroiters are moved out so others can move into their homes.
3) We will fight economic segregation – every area of Detroit will have a place for people of all incomes.
4) Blight removal is critical – but we must save every house we can.
5) We will work to build neighborhoods of density – where your daily needs can be met within walking distance of your home.
6) Those who stayed will have an active voice in shaping their neighborhood’s redevelopment.
7) Jobs and opportunities will be brought close to the neighborhoods whenever possible – and made available first to Detroiters.
8) The Detroit Riverfront belongs to everyone.
“Receiving the full endorsement of the Wayne County Democratic Black Caucus is an honor,” said Mayor Duggan. “I appreciate their support for building one city for all of us.”